Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sour Cream Banana Bread


I *LOVE* sour cream. And I love moist banana bread. So what better than to combine the two? I did some research on the net and it appears that sour cream is the secret to a good, moist banana bread. so here goes...


Sour Cream Banana Bread

SERVES 12 , 1 loaf (change servings and units)
Ingredients

* 1/2 cup margarine or butter
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup mashed banana
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts (omit if you don't like nuts)
* 1/2 cup sour cream

Directions

1. Grease 1 large loaf pan.
2. Cream margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients, then bananas, nuts and sour cream.
4. Mix well.
5. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.

Update May 2, 2009: Nica and the folks at work love this recipe (or at least I think they do since they eat it all up). However Flo and Jen have both tried the recipe with unfavourable results. Flo says her bread doesn't rise and Jen says it seemed undercooked. We think it might be due to the fact that I use my Kitchenaid mixer, whereas Jen is hand mixing. Will keep an eye on this... so far it's *my* favourite recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, tried it again tonight and it rose! Had 6 left over bananas that were especially ripe and I think they were put to excellent moisty use...I might cut back on the sugar next time though...Nice!

    Flo

    ReplyDelete