Saturday, May 2, 2009

Renne's Latke's

I love my Food and Wine magazine subscription (I guess I love a lot of food things, don't I?) Anyway, here is a recipe I tried for potato latke's:









3 1/2 pounds baking potatoes; peeled and halved
1 large yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped dill
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Canola oil, for frying
applesauce and sour cream for serving (I only used the sour cream!)

1. shred the potato and onion. Squeeze it dry to try and get all the moisture out.
2. Stir in flour, eggs, dill, salt, and baking powder.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil until simmering. Spoon 2 tablespoons of potato mixture into oil, pressing to slightly flatten. Fry over moderate heat, turning once until the latke's are golden and crisp on both sides (about 7 minutes)
4. Drain the latkes on a paper towel and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment