Monday, December 24, 2012

Fuzion

 Christmas season = Family time, vacation, work parties and... Secret Santa gift exchanges. This year was a bit ridiculous for me. Since I switched jobs halfway through the year and my new job has a team, a department and building party planning committees, there was a ridiculous amount of holiday festivities.

A safe bet if you're doing a secret santa gift swap with gift stealing is booze. To give or to receive. (Lotto tickets also work well but I find booze to be more instantaneously fulfilling). Anyway, I ended up with this bottle of fuzion. I expect it was under $15 since that was the max amount for our exchange. At two separate gift exchanges it showed up so I figure it must be a pretty decent wine.

Being a blend of Shiraz and Malbec, you'd expect something typically spicy. Surprisingly, it was quite smooth and mellow. An easy to drink wine that would pair well with a steak dinner. I had it on its own and it wasn't 'OHMIGOD, this is AMAZING', but a nice 'I could drink this again'. I might even buy it if I were going to a friends house for dinner. 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment