Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tinhorn Creek Gerwerstraminer

Yesterday Nica and I dined out at the Salmon House Restaurant in West Vancouver. The meal was absolutely delicious. The portions weren't overly generous but that was okay because when we were done, we were pleasantly filled and not full.

Because I don't like dry wines, I asked what sweet wines they had to pair with my porcini mushroom appetizer and citrus shrimp main. The server/bartender suggested the Tinhorn Creek Gewurztraminer as well as the Cedar Creek Pinot Noir. I enjoyed the Pinot but Nica didn't. It didn't have as much of a dry taste but it was mildly spicy and light. It was surprisingly good but the Gewurztraminer was excellent. It was light, refreshing and exactly what a Gewurztraminer should taste like.

So the Tinhorn Creek Gewurztraminer earns a 8.5 out of 10 from me. Would definitely look for this bottle in the liquor store.

No comments:

Post a Comment